These resources meet the following California Education Standards:
Health Education: Injury Prevention & Safety
Standard 1– Essential Concepts
- 1.6.S Evaluate the risks and responsibilities associated with teen driving and auto collisions
- 1.10.S Identify ways to reduce risk of injuries while traveling in an automobile or bus (e.g., wearing a safety belt).
Standard 8– Health Promotion
- 8.3.S Demonstrate the ability to influence others’ safety behaviors (e.g., wearing seat belts).
Common Core: Writing
- Write arguments to support claims in an analysis of substantive topics or texts, using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence.
- Write informative/explanatory texts to examine and convey complex ideas, concepts, and information clearly and accurately through the effective selection, organization, and analysis of content.
- Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
Standard 6 (Grades 9/10)
- Use technology, including the Internet, to produce, publish, and update individual or shared writing products, taking advantage of technology’s capacity to link to other information and to display information flexibly and dynamically.
Standard 6 (Grades 11/12)
- Use technology, including the Internet, to produce, publish, and update individual or shared writing products in response to ongoing feedback, including new arguments or information.
Standards 1, 2, and 4 are the same for all high school grades. Standard 6 is different, hence the designation.
Common Core: Geometry
Using Probability to Make Decisions S-MD
7. (+) Analyze decisions and strategies using probability concepts