Create Real Impact Contest
Open to students, aged 14-22, the Create Real Impact contest is an exceptional opportunity to produce and showcase socially conscious art and get recognized for it, an opportunity to earn educational grants for both students and schools, and an opportunity to create real impact. The artwork must address the issue reckless and distracted driving in a creative and compelling way, as well as meet criteria based on its format.
Entries Can Be…
- Video: Two minutes or less Public Service Announcements uploaded to YouTube.
- Creative Writing: 1200 words uploaded directly to the site.
- Art: Original work in any medium uploaded directly or as a picture to the site.
- Music: Two minutes or less original piece of music, any style, uploaded on YouTube.
The contest is open to high school, technical, college, and university students and in each category there are multiple ways to win. Judges determine the grand prizewinners based on effectiveness of messaging, concept/idea, and creativity, and give out whopping $1500 educational grants accordingly. The top three high schools with the most entries each receive $1500 as well. The top online vote-getter in each category will also each win a $500 educational grant.
Since one portion of this two-part judging process is online voting, the use of social media becomes a valuable promotional tool. Teens promote their entries on their favorite social media sites in the process.
It’s simple: Make it. Submit it. Promote it.
- January 5 – Spring 2019 contest begins
- March 27 - Last day to submit entries (prior to 9:00 p.m. PDT)
- March 28 through April 5 – Online voting period
- April 1-5 – Grand Prize Winners announced
- April 8 – Top Online Vote Winners announced
Many ways to win:
- Top Online-Getter (1 per category)
- Top Judges Pick (1 per category)
- 3 High Schools with most entries (25 entries minimum)
- Spanish (1 per category)
- Sports Team (1 per category)